Thursday, July 16, 2009

Life at OLG

As I finish up my assignment at Our Lady of Guadalupe in Austin, I want to share some pictures with you to show you where I have spent my summer. This is the first time that I have used my camera this summer. I am not sure why I don't spend more time going out and taking photographs. I really enjoy it. Perhaps I will take some with all the free time that I have at seminary (hah!). Anyway, I hope you enjoy the pics. I only have seventeen (calendar days) here at OLG and am trying to get a few things wrapped up before I go.

This is the stained glass window is in the choir loft. Every weekend during the summer, as the Eucharistic prayer is being said at around 6:45pm, the sun shines through this window and bathes the altar in beautiful reds, violets, and pinks. It is my favorite time of the weekend.
If you don't know what the above picture is showing, run to your nearest Catholic Church and ask the priest like your life depends on it (sorry...had to).


The parish is 102 years old. I am not sure how long the church building itself has been around but it is fairly old.

I hope you enjoy the pics. Keep praying as my house closing is set for 10am on July 23rd.

Pax Tecum,

Tom

1 comment:

Gabriella said...

Will certainly pray for you.
Looking forward to more photos :)